New Allen & Heath iLive System Video Features Skindred FOH Engineer
With a summer schedule that will see them perform to festival crowds from Europe to South America, Brit ragga-metal outfit Skindred are currently employing an Allen & Heath iLive digital mixing system for front of house duties.
The band’s front of house engineer Ben Hammond features in Audio-Technica’s latest artist video interview, talking about the flexibility and sound quality of the Allen & Heath iLive 112 set-up that has been delivering the band’s shows over the last two months.
“I’ve been blown away by the quality of the preamps in the iLive,” said Hammond. “From the moment you stick the faders up the iLive sounds fat and rounded, not brittle and plasticky like some digital desks are. It sounds like an expensive analogue console.
“With Skindred the songs include everything from big aggressive dubstep sections to sparse reggae breakdowns and metal riffs. There are all these variations in style in a Skindred set and the iLive just works really well with the dynamics of the band. It just delivers effortlessly,” he added.
Ben’s Allen & Heath iLive video interview is available to view now on Audio-Technica’s YouTube Channel at http://youtu.be/0PflCztJNK0
Audio-Technica is the exclusive distributor of Allen & Heath products in the UK.
- HSL and PSI Announce Dynamic New Partnership
- Chauvet Professional Nexus 4X4 Fires Up Coachella
- Meyer Sound 1100-LFC New Install and Rental Systems
- Jason Aldean Takes Clay Paky Sharpys Along on his Night Train Tour
- Clay Paky with the Britain’s Cheeky Pop Star Olly Murs
- Capital Sound is the classic choice for Il Divo
- Morris Light and Sound Supply Versatile MAC Viper for Eli Young Band Tour
- Only One Direction for XL Video
- Showforce Appointed Beach Polo Partner