Scott Johnson Tribute
Richard Young And Ant Carr pay their respects to tragic Scott Johnson.
When it came touring, Scott was genuinely pleased to be part of it.
Having trained as a drummer in his youth, he was dedicated to his gig, enthused by the prospect of supporting some of the best performers in the business, he took no job for granted, and no matter what the situation you could always rely on Scott to be first to offer his services above and beyond the call of duty.
Whilst working at Electromusic in Doncaster he received an offer to go on the road with Longview, from there he was engaged by The Killers, Keane, Australian Pink Floyd, Robyn, X-Factor and most recently, Radiohead. He touched all that knew him, but most of all he made friends with the musicians he worked for and the crews he toured with, bridging the gap between the crew and the band.
On the June 16 2012, Scott Johnson, 33, was killed in the tragic stage collapse that occurred during line check in Toronto, Canada.
A very touching memorial service and gathering followed on 5th July, he was laid to rest at St Wilfred Church in Hickleton village.
- Clay Paky Stars in Eros Ramazzotti's European Tour
- DPA Microphones Goes On Tour With Priscilla
- Beach Sound Rely on Lake for Ultra Music Festival
- Jands Vista Consoles Return To Their Birth Place With Sir Cliff
- HSL Lights Emeli Sandé Tour
- MAC Viper Party at Carnaval Mazatlan
- An old lighthouse on Lake Garda is restored thanks to Clay Paky
- Beyonce Dazzled With 446 SGM X-5 Strobes
- PixelFLEX Introduces the Light Rigid 4 LED Video Screen